How to Pray
For the Chaos & Suffering in the Middle East
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."
PRAY FOR THE CHURCH IN REGIONS WHERE ISIS IS ACTIVE
- For spiritual awakening in the church
- For provision, strength and endurance where they are ministering to the overwhelming needs of refugees.
- For a positive testimony of Christ to the people they serve.
- For unity between Christians from different churches and denominations.
- For Christians to strengthen one another in corporate prayer and worship.
- For the presence and power of the Holy Spirit to be visibly evident in the church.
- That, rooted and grounded in love, they will love their enemies.
PRAY FOR MEMBERS OF ISIS
- For Saul to Paul-like encounters with Christ.
- For ISIS members to have dreams and visions of Jesus that would lead them to question their choice to follow ISIS’s ideology.
- For ISIS members to discover the love and mercy of God.
- For followers of Jesus to be given opportunities to give bold witness to ISIS members.
- For ISIS members to see the testimony of Jesus through signs and and wonders and deliverance from evil spirits.
PRAY FOR VICTIMS OF ISIS
- For ministers of emotional/ psychological healing to be sent to them.
- For physical healing.
- For children who have had deep losses....family members, friends, home.....that provision would be made for them to heal and grow.
- To find in Jesus Christ the power to forgive, and to find healing for their pain and loss.
- For the fellowships of new believers to grow in numbers and in the knowledge of God, of his word, and his ways.