Robby Butler's Profile
- Join Date:
- December 10, 2010
- Total Comments:
- Total Articles:
- Mobilization Strategist
- Mount Vernon, WA
In 1980, Robby earned an engineering degree from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), then served for 24 years with the U.S. Center for World Mission (USCWM) where he was mentored by and worked closely with the founder, Dr. Ralph Winter.
During his years with the USCWM, Robby also served in information technology and then as personnel director.
The steady stream of global leaders who visit the USCWM enabled Robby to develop an unusually clear grasp of the strategic considerations necessary for completing the missionary task in our day. His continuing relationships with many of these leaders is a valuable asset toward building the collaborative efforts necessary to complete the missionary task.
Robby and his wife Jackie presently live in Mount Vernon, WA with their three children: Joelle, Dana, and Wesley.
In 2004, Robby and Jackie Butler left the USCWM and launched Mission Network to:
- study the factors behind the “Mobilization Gap,” between the Church’s capacity and its fruitfulness in discipling all peoples, and
- work with North American church movements and mission agencies to close this gap.
You must be logged in to send a message to this member.
Robby Butler's Articles:
- Reproducing Fishers of Men
- John Wesley’s Church Planting Movement:: Discipleship That Transformed a Nation and Changed the World
- Turning Wine into Clean Water?: An invitation to Explore the Possibilities
- Church Planting Movements from One Indian Perspective
- Joining the Discipleship Revolution
- Going Radical: Young Megachurch Pastor Ignites a Movement to Radical Discipleship
- A Radical Shift In Mobilization
- The Radical Experiment
- New Insight From the Three Eras of Mission History
- Are you #1, #2, or #3?
- You CAN Make a Difference!
- Edinburgh ’80: The Roots of a Movement
- When the End Is In Sight
- Unlocking Islam: What a Kuwaiti Muslim “knows” about “Christianity”
- The Prince’s New Clothes