The Year of the Frontier
The Year of the Frontier starts on May 1st, 2019, promoted by large prayer networks in conjunction with Joshua Project’s “Unreached of the Day” and Frontier Venture’s GlobalPrayer Digest. Additional Frontier Peoples resources can be found at www. joshuaproject.net/frontier and http://www.JoshuaProject.net/pray/unreachedoftheday .
These two publications will provide daily prayer points for each of the 400 largest Frontier People Groups (with populations over 500,000). These groups contain 1.6 billion people—90% of the population of all Frontier People Groups.
This unprecedented collaboration will focus prayer on the fulfillment of God’s promise to bless all peoples through Jesus movements healing and restoring broken families and communities.
Your prayers are vital to extending God’s blessing in Jesus to all the remaining Frontier People Groups.
Draw close to God by embracing His passion to bless these Frontier People Groups.
Invite others to join you in:
• Praying through the Pray for the 31 Prayer Guide (www.Go31.org)
• Promoting the International Day of Prayer for the Unreached (www.AllianceForTheUnreached.org)
• Participating in the global Year of the Frontier Prayer Movement (http://www.Go31.org/yof )
• Partnering in prayer with field teams for Jesus movements to multiply God’s blessing (www.InheritTheNations.net)
• Preparing for the Global Outreach Day 2020 (http://www.globaloutreachday.com/2020), which will coincide with the culmination of the Year of the Frontier
The Great Injustice:
India has 1,000 times as many people in Frontier People Groups as the USA; but the USA receives four times as many cross-cultural workers as India.
• Only 1 in 10,000 of those living in India’s FPGs identifies with Jesus in any way.
• 1 in 20,000 of those living in India’s FPGs is estimated to follow Jesus.
• 1 in 5,000 of all cross-cultural laborers is estimated to work among India’s FPGs.
For every cross-cultural worker among Frontier People Groups (FPGs) WITHIN India, there are 250,000 people in those FPGs who don’t identify with Jesus.
For every cross-cultural worker among Frontier People Groups (FPGs) OUTSIDE India, there are just 10,000 people in those FPGs who don’t identify with Jesus.
1 in 5 of all people who live on Earth live in India.
Half the population of all Frontier People Groups live in India.
7 of 10 people who live in India live in Frontier People Groups.
Until Jesus’ followers unite in obeying His commission, these masses have no hope of hearing about Jesus before they die.