One Unreached People Group at a Time
One couple prints out the photos of the people groups each month to hang in their living room so they won’t forget to pray. A 15-year-old began using the app and her Christmas wish was that her parents would give a donation to help make it available for others. A believer from India and his American wife pray for the groups. Imagine their surprise one day when the featured group was the specific Brahmin community he is from! Several churches decorate a Christmas tree with people group “ornaments,” which they send home with members of the congregation. A church in Oregon highlights one group a month in their children’s ministry. A handout is sent home to more than 100 families so they can continue praying with the kids. A couple leaving to work among an Unreached People Group in China was excited to know that their group was featured for prayer. They were glad for the spiritual covering.
For William, tapping the button on the app was initially a fun exercise that rewarded him with a number count he had helped boost. Now he prays without needing that prompt. It has become an automatic part of his mealtime. If we get kids like William, as well as adults, in the habit of making prayer for the unreached a daily occurrence, we have cause to celebrate. What if a generation of kingdom kids grew up with the practice of thinking beyond themselves and their family? What if a family tradition became a powerful vision and determination to make a difference for peoples cut off from the gospel?
Are you ready to join William and this band of intercessors? Ready to blend your pleas for transformational change by the gospel where it hasn’t taken root yet? You can jump in right now by visiting http://www.unreachedoftheday.org or by downloading the app in the app stores. Simply search for “Joshua Project” or “unreached.”
What about diving in deeper? Here is a list of ways you can maximize your interaction with Unreached of the Day resources and get them into the hands of many more intercessors:
- Help us reach record counts. Knowing that others are standing with you is a great encouragement, so tap the button every time you pray.
- Tell your friends! Help others set up the app on their devices or sign up for the e-mails. And make sure you tell them to invite their friends.
- Do you teach Sunday school, lead a small group or preach in church? Spread the word of the resource among the family of God.
- Add Unreached of the Day to your family prayer time. You can begin cultivating Christ’s love for the nations in young lives.
- Promote the resources on social media. Share with your wider network of online friends.
- Follow Joshua Project on social media. We're on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Additionally, we have a Facebook group where you can join in a conversation about the unreached.
- Volunteer as profile writer, editor or proofreader.
- Volunteer as a translator. Join an existing language team or assemble a translation team for a new language offering.
- Promote the use of Unreached of the Day. We especially need promotion of the translated resources.
Make suggestions. We can’t implement all the additions people have mentioned, but we have put several of them in place. Help us improve the presentation.