Train New Disciples to Obey Jesus
(Adapted from a mastery process developed by Family Bible Church and Troy Cooper.)
- Break into smaller groups as necessary for full participation within available time.
- Share highs and lows from the past week.
- Each retell the memory verse and story from the week before.
- Each report how they shared and obeyed the story, and what happened.
- Assess with the group (or individual), based on overall obedience over the past week, whether to repeat the previous lesson or proceed with the next.
- Storyboard the appropriate lesson from the list below.
- Each list or map lost individuals in their sphere of influence and pray for them in pairs.
- Homework: Daily read/rehearse the memory verse and story aloud, pray for a chance to share the story, share it, then report to another group member how it went.
Storyboarding for Faster Learning
- Read the story as a group and outline it.
- Each draw six boxes and read the story again together, with each writing and/or drawing it in the boxes.
- Each retell the story to a partner, referencing only your boxes; then swap roles and repeat.
- Discuss the story with these SOS questions:
- What does it Say about God, What should I Obey? What should I Say to others?
- Each share what they will personally obey from the story.
- Each identify with whom they will share the story and the Three Circles Gospel presentation in the coming week.
Seven Commands of Christ (memory verses & stories)
Repent & Believe: Mark 1:15, Luke 7:36-50
The Woman Weeping at Jesus’ Feet
Make Disciples: Matthew 28:18-20, John 4:4-42
The Samaritan Woman at the Well
Baptism: Matthew 28:19, Acts 8:26-39
Philip and the Ethiopian Official
Gather: Hebrews 10:24-25, Acts 2:41-47
First Church Formed
Love Our Neighbors: Matthew 22:37-39, Luke 10:25-37
The Good Samaritan
Pray: Matthew 6:9-13, Matthew 6:5-15
Jesus Teaches about Prayer
Love Our Enemies: John 16:33, Luke 22:39-47
Gethsemane & Crucifixion